The Pittsburgh office of the national law firm of Eckert Seamans asked Jampole Communications to develop and implement an integrated advertising and marketing communications program to:
- Raise awareness of the firm, its attorneys and its practice areas among its target markets in western Pennsylvania
- Create a brand image for Eckert Seamans by differentiating the firm from competitors in terms of benefits to its target markets
- Provide collateral material for attorneys to use during the selling cycle
- Support the cross selling of legal services to existing clients.
Our program included the following elements:
- A public relations program that has produced more than 250 placements per year in regional and national print, broadcast and Internet news media for more than seven years.
- Three newsletters that are distributed to various segments of its client base, such as mid-sized businesses and construction companies.
- Print advertising that was innovative and aggressive for a corporate law firm.
- Television spots that appeared for two years as part of KDKA-TV’s “Hometown Advantage” program during news programming that our analysis revealed was most watched by the firm’s markets of business executives and wealthy families.
- A radio advertising program that blitzed the market place with 30-second spots in morning drive time on two commercial and three public radio stations.
- A speaking engagement program to obtain speaking opportunities at national business conventions and meetings for Eckert Seamans attorneys.
The results we achieved of the program were extraordinary:
- A study by an independent research organization demonstrated that Eckert Seamans jumped from 24th to second place in recognition and visibility in its markets in the first three years of the program.
- Eckert Seamans was the law firm whose advertising was the most remembered and the firm whose visibility increased the most.
- The public relations program gained Eckert Seamans a dominant position in the western Pennsylvania news media, with an average of about three times more stories in local news media than any other law firm
- Attorneys reported new business leads and new business directly attributable to our advertising and marketing communications program.