There are five types of logos:
- Logotype. The name is written or drawn in a special way or in a special type.
- Monogram. The name is simplified, usually as an acronym
- Typograph. A graphic shape or image is added to the name
- Pictograph. The logo is a familiar image drawn in a special way
- Symbol. The logo is an interesting, original shape that symbolically suggests the company and its activities.
The type of logo an organization selects should reflect both its corporate culture and the message it wants to make to its target market.